Once you have finished a campaign, you can save all the email data to a .CSV file. This includes all of the email addresses that the Email Marketing Robot found from target businesses websites.
This email data can be used for a variety of purposes, including re-targeting campaigns (more about that in a later post), but one of the easiest ways to use the data is to grow your social media followers.
Social media sites such as LinkedIn give you the option to send connection invitations to users by uploading a list of email addresses.
How to add connections on LinkedIn by email address:
- First of all log into your LinkedIn account.
- Hover over the “Add connections” at the top right.
- Click on the text that says “Invite your contacts”.
- Click on the “Any email” icon.
- Under “More ways to connect” at the bottom of the page, click on “Invite by individual email”.
- Copy all of the email addresses from the “EmailAddress” column of the CSV file, and paste them into this website to replace the line breaks with commas.
- Copy the list of comma separated emails into the text box on LinkedIn, and then click “Send invitations”.
LinkedIn will send connection invitations to all of the email addresses that are registered with their network.
Please note that LinkedIn have a limit of sending 5,000 connection requests. Once you have reached that limit, you will need to contact LinkedIn customer services to increase the limit.